Your dental examinations generally include the following:
• Periodontal disease diagnosis: The examination focuses on bleeding or puffy gums, tooth infection, bad breadth, or any other problem around the tooth.
• Oral cancer screening: This involves a thorough check up to examine if any signs of oral cancer exist. Regular examinations help in early diagnosis and treatable.
• Cavities and tooth fractures: Checks on any possible wear and tear of cavities and detects tooth fractures.
• Evaluating current restorations: A regular oral examination helps in evaluating the status of the restorations - fillings, veneers, crowns, implants, bridges and so on.
• Examining tooth decay/caries/cavity: Early detection of tooth decay helps in timely treatment of the tooth decay which includes filling, crown, root canal treatment, extraction depending on the severity of the problem.
We cannot express enough how important it is to see your dentist regularly. Remember, preventing disease is always better than treating disease.
Professional cleanings (dental prophylaxis) performed by a dentist or hygienist form the foundation for preventing gum disease,gingivitis and tooth decay. In a professional cleaning, your dentist or hygienist will:
• Removing plaque: Plaque is a sticky substance that can lead to deposition of calculus and cavities resulting in tooth decay and gum problems.
• Removing Calculus: Calculus (tartar) is hardened plaque on the tooth that develops over a period of time in the absence of proper oral care. It can also lead to gum disease if it deposits below the gum line.
• Removing stains: Dental stains and discoloration are not only caused due to extrinsic factors like excessive use of beverages like tea, coffee, wine and tobacco stains from cigarettes, cigars, pipes, and chewing tobacco, but intrinsic factors too have share in tarnishing your lovely pair of teeth and needs professional dental help. We ensure that your teeth become bright, white and healthy after the cleaning session
• Polish: Cleaning and polishing of the teeth leaves the surfaces of the teeth clean and smooth so that bacteria are unable to stick to them.